An explanation of Tawheed (the oneness of Allaah). The difference between Islaam (Submission to the creator of everything that exists) and all other religions which are formulated upon polytheism. This admonition was published in an Islamic newsletter, geared towards the Muslim reader. However, its focus on the meaning of 'tawheed' is enlightening.
It is true that tawheed is simply the oneness of Allaah, yet at the same time it is something which is so vividly explained in our religion, that it is a life long quest for knowledge.- Invitation to Islaam Newsletter
"And no calamity strikes except with the permission of Allaah" (Qur'an, 64:11)
"Allaah created all things and He is the agent upon which all things depend" (Qur'an, 39:62)
"Allaah there is no god but He. To Him belong the most beautiful names" (Qur'an, 20:8)
"There is nothing like Him and He hears and sees all things" (Qur'an, 42:11)
"And your lord said : Call on me and I will answer you" (Qur'an, 40:60)
"You alone do we worship and You alone do we seek help from" (Qur'an, 1:4)
Source: [islaam.ca] Published: Thursday, 17 April 2008 18:55 Link: Click here
1. Monotheistic - The belief in one God
2. The topic of Shirk will be dealt with in the next issue, InshAllaah
3. Bida - The Arabic word for innovation (something new broughtinto the religion)
4. Abu Haneefah an-Nu'man ibn Thabit was born in Kufah (Iraq) in the year 700 CE. He made his living as a cloth merchant, but devoted his entire life to studying and teaching Islam. His refusal to he appointed the judge of Kufah resulted in him being imprisoned and incurring punishment. He died in the year 767 CE in prison. His rulings and reasoning became the basis of the Hanafite school of Islamic law.
5. One of these Christians is a man by the name of Joseph Smith. Smith is on a continuous crusade against Islam and is a regular preacher in Hyde Park (London). A debate between Smith and Abdur-Raheem Green, entitled "The Sources of Islam" shows the fallacy of Smith's lies against Islam.
6. Surah At-Taghaabun 64:11
8. Surah Az-Zurnar 39:62
9. Such as four-leaf clovers, rabbits paws and horseshoes.
10. Bukhari ( Eng. Trans Vol .3 pp 535 No. 861 ) and Muslim Eng Trans Vol. 3 pp 931 No 4266
11. Surah Ta-Ha 20:8
12. Surah As-Shura 42:11
13. Surah Ghaffir 40:60
14. Surah Fatiha 1:4
15. The call to prayer
16. The one who calls to prayer